Here are some pics from the trip:
Abbie was ready to swim!
Garrett out exploring with Paw Paw, Daddy & Anna.
"First sand experience." (Technically, he played in the sand on the San Diego, CA beaches, but he was too little to know about the sand.) He walked out in the sand with his Croc shoes, and so the sand got in his shoes!
Here he is freaking out, and saying, "uh-oh! uh-oh! uh-oh!"
Enjoying the lazy river...Abbie enjoyed it so much, she fell asleep! I thought I uploaded that picture, but when I went back to write descriptions, the picture must not have gotten uploaded! :(
Too cute not to capture!
More exploring...
The other Phoenix on the Bay had a kiddie splash pad & pool, so we went over there one day so the kids could play in it! They LOVED it! Here are some pics from that day:
Both our condo and the other Phoenix had water slides. Everybody but Abbie & Mimi rode the water slides! We all enjoyed the slides, but I think Garrett & Ryan enjoyed them the most! Here are some pictures of the boys & their daddies on the slides:
We stayed on the Bay, and only went to the actual Orange Beach one afternoon. We stayed on the Bay for a reason...we are some WHITE (FAIR-SKINNED) PEOPLE!!! Plus we didn't plan to go to the beach, so we didn't pack the huge sun-blocking tarps, umbrellas, beach chairs, tents, etc. Just picture the beginning of the series Yes Dear! And add A LOT more stuff to that! But I promised Michael we would take the kids to go to the beach. He really likes the beach, and wanted to play with Garrett in the sand and surf. Here are some pictures from that afternoon:
We planned to take some family pictures at the beach, but the night we planned to do that, the weather did not cooperate with us. It was getting ugly fast, so we got a few pictures with a storm rolling in in the background. In the parking lot that we parked in to go take these pictures, was a Kubota tracker. Well, Garrett was all over that! So Michael brought him over there to see it BEFORE the pictures. He got the following cute pictures...BUT, when it was time to leave the tracker and go take family pictures, Garrett did NOT want any part of this! Hence the pouty-faced family shot! :(
Here's a random shot from the condo. Whoever rented it before us, left this alligator raft. The kids enjoyed playing on it in the condo. We took it to the pool the first day, but it was pretty hard for the kids to stay on in the water...probably why it got left. Oh well. They enjoyed the alligator on land, rather than in the water! LOL
The best family picture of the four of us that we got! Notice the storm in the background?
This was souvenir shopping night. Mom was on a mission to buy all the kids t-shirts or something. It was hard to find shirts small enough for all of them. It took mom two nights to find all her treasures. Michael tried to convince us that Garrett needed this as his souvenir! I dont think so! Anna did go home with a stuffed dolphin she named Phoenix, and Ryan got a stuffed Elmo, but my two just got t-shirts. We didnt need anymore toys or stuffed animals in TX!!! LOL
Abbie woke up half-naked one morning...must have been a rough night! :)
I think it was Wednesday that Mom, Holly, and I got to hit the Foley Outlets! We got a few things that day, but Michael wanted to go too, so he and I and the kids went back Thursday. Garrett liked the "people" in Old Navy! Here he is trying to ride the Old Navy dog! LOL
And he almost attacked this "girl" trying to hug her! :)
The last day Mom & Holly wanted to try again at the family pictures. I said I would dress the kids again, but Michael and I were good! :)
The Gelpi's
Mimi, Paw Paw, and the grandkids
The cousins
Garrett "helping" load the car!
We're getting sleepy....
Very sleepy....
And we're OUT! Praying? Maybe.
Sweet baby girl sleeping.
Two monkeys in an unpacked suitcase!





No comments:
Post a Comment