Today we went to Coronado, California. This is where the "rich folk" live! Here we walked through the historic Hotel Del Coronado, the Victorian resort in the front of this picture. This legendary hotel has kept company with LOTS of famous people including: Charles Lindbergh; Thomas Edison; Babe Ruth; Willie Mays; Presidents: Harrison, Taft, FDR, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and both Bushes; the King of Hawaii; and a future king of England. Several movies have also been filmed here...the most famous being,
Some Like It Hot starring Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon, and Tony Curtis.
The Hotel is beautiful! Very swanky...so much so that I don't think we'd ever be able to afford staying there! We parked several streets away and walked to the Hotel...by the time we got there I was hot, winded, and needed water. Michael, reluctantly bought me a bottle of water. I think he almost passed out when he paid $4.50 for it!!! LOL :) I got fussed at for being pregnant, and NOT bringing my own water with me while we walked! Anyway, I don't think we'll be staying there anytime soon!


This is a picture of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse we went to on Tuesday. You could see it across the bay from Coronado. (That's my awesome 12x camera zoom...don't be hatin'!!!)

Here's a picture of downtown San Diego from across the bay. After touring the hotel, we split up. Michael, Kristen, and Alita went to the beach, while Mrs. Janice, Mr. Phil, Garrett and I rode around the Island in search for future rental property for Michael! LOL we found some NICE houses. My favorite was, I think, 4.3 million. It had a lap pool over-looking the bay! I wish I kept the flyer now. We stopped at the little souvenir shops on the bay. I was looking for postcards and a purse for Anna, and I think Mrs. Janice wanted a few postcards too.

Here's a picture of a dockside restaurant with the Coronado Bay Bridge in the background. The bridge was pretty cool. It had five lanes of traffic, with nothing dividing the two sides. Depending on the time of day and I guess traffic flow, the middle lane would switch. I remembered this from my previous visit to San Diego, and asked if Kristen and Alita knew when the lanes switched. They said they tried to look it up, but never could find an exact time. Oh well, it was a cool landmark anyway!

Here's Mrs. Janice and Mr. Phil with the bay and downtown San Diego behind them. After not finding what we were looking for in those shops, we decided to head to Pacific Beach to the "cheap" souvenir shops! Once we talked to the other group we realized they were already there...they said the waves at the bay were not as fun. Found the rest of the postcards and t-shirts we needed there, and we were done for the day! We kept saying we all (my car, anyway)wanted ice cream, but never stopped at a shop to get any. So, on the way home I made an ice cream run to Walmart! Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment