Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday

On our final day in San Diego we all went to the zoo! I'm just going to brag on myself for a minute...We did A LOT of walking this day! Even back-tracked a few times, and I did NOT complain...I was always behind everyone else, but I managed to sort of stay with the group! I think we spent about five hours at the zoo! We sat down for one 30 minute show, but the rest of the time we were walking, and it was hot! A lot of the paths were shaded, but the terrain was not always flat!!! I didn't remember from the last time I was there that there were so many bird exhibits! I could've done without all of them! And they just finished building this huge elephant habitat/exhibit, but when we finally got around back to the elephants, they were all in their cages being washed or fed, so we didn't get to see them hanging out in their cool, new home! :(


Had to get a picture of the TIGER! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Garrett hanging out in the stroller. Laid back & relaxed...I wish someone would've pushed me around all day! That would've been nice! :)


Here's a picture from the Sea Lion show where we got to rest for 30 minutes. I enjoyed the show, and the snowball I convinced Michael to buy me!

Here's a funny face captured on camera! Don't remember what made him smirk like this, but it's funny! He's probably thinking, "I get to ride around in this stroller all day, and you don't! Nanny-nanny-boo-boo!" LOL

Here we are taking the sky tram back to the other end of the zoo again to see the elephant exhibit. We rode it back to the front of the zoo to catch the sea lion show, so we needed to ride it back to where we were in our quest to "see it all!" All of us except Garrett and Mrs. Janice rode it to the show. Garrett had just fallen asleep, so she volunteered to push him back to the front and meet us at the show. Everyone argued with her that she didn't need to do that, but that woman is stubborn, and wouldn't take no for an answer! She even made it in time to catch the show!
When we got back to the condo I think everyone was pretty worn out. Some took naps, and Michael and I started getting things together and packing to leave in the morning. We celebrated Michael's birthday that night after dinner. Here are a few pics of everyone before we headed back to Texas:

Garrett and Aunt Kristen

Alita, Lucy, and Oreo. Garrett really enjoyed watching them during the week when we were at the condo. I wasn't sure how he was going to be around them, and vice versa, but they all did great! Oreo really liked resting on Garrett's blanket that we put down for him to play on...we were forever fussing at Oreo to get off the blanket. She really took a liking to Garrett. Whoever was holding Garrett Oreo had to be sitting right next to them. It was really cute! She liked it when Garrett petted her tail!

Alita & Garrett

And finally, Maw Maw, Paw Paw, and Garrett

No comments: