Saturday, October 10, 2009

Party Day!

Today is Garrett's 1st Birthday Party! Yay! All the planning...finally get to see it all come together! We decided to have the party in Baton Rouge just because it was easier for all the family to come. Michael cooked a big pot of jambalaya for the party...it was yummy!

These were the cookie favors to take home. Mom, Holly, and I made and decorated them ourselves!

Cute little suckers from OTC. Stacey helped me make the display.



Birthday Boy enjoying his cake. He really didn't know what to do with it, and needed some help. I think he liked the icing better than the cake...don't know where he gets that from..I like the cake! And Michael doesn't like sweets! Who knows?

Cake...got it from Oak Point Grocery in Watson...it was delicious!

Another picture of him enjoying his cake!

Daddy and the birthday boy

It was a long and busy day! I think it turned out great. We had a great turn out despite it being the biggest LSU game day of the season! Maw Maw and Paw Paw Mullins even drove in just for the weekend to help celebrate his birthday! Uncle Neil, Aunt Lesleigh, and the boys drove over from Texas to help celebrate too. They all stayed at the camp for the weekend. They all didn't have to come, but it sure made Garrett's day even more special that he had most of his family there. (Aunt Kristen was the only one who was not able to make it. And she was missed! She did call while we opened her gift!)
Although it was a fun day, I am glad that it is behind me! :)

1 comment:

Ms. Lori said...

It was such a fun day! Look at his face eating that yummy cake. MiMi and PawPaw had a great time with all the family that could make it.