Friday, August 21, 2009

First plane ride...to San Diego!

Vacation at last!

Michael has the next 3 weeks off!

First, we're headed to San Diego, CA to visit his sister Kristen & her roommate Alita. His Mom and Dad are also flying out to meet us there for a visit.

We were supposed to fly out of Houston at 11:30am Friday morning. When we arrived around 9:30am to check our bags, and do the security thing, we found out that the flight was already delayed until 1:10pm because of bad weather in Dallas. So we were REALLY early! Had to occupy our time in the airport, so out came the blanket & toys! Being our first flight with Garrett I had packed everything but the kitchen sink that they would allow me to carry on the plane! We had the diaper bag, 2 carry-on bags, the computer bag with both our computer & his work computer, AND the stroller, and that's not including the 3 checked bags we brought! I chose to rent a pack-n-play, infant seat, and big stroller from San Diego; otherwise, we'd have had to bring those too!!!

Here's Michael and Garrett playing on the floor at the Houston airport. We were waiting for our first short flight to Dallas. I was hesitant to give him Benadryl, but certainly didn't want to give it to him for the first time on the flight just in case he had some weird reaction. I tried it out the day before, and didn't really notice a big difference in him. So for the flight, I figured it couldn't hurt him, and gave him a dose before we boarded the plane. The first flight was a short one...only 50 minutes to Dallas. He did fine...he was just busy, busy, busy...which we knew he would be. Well, Garrett fell asleep as the plane started it's decent into Dallas, and woke up 10 minutes later when we got off the plane!

Here he is right after we landed!
Our layover in Dallas was a few hours, so we occupied our time by watching the Wiggles!

Garrett did sleep maybe 45 minutes on the second flight (which was about 3.5 hours long). This time he slept in the middle of the flight, and was very restless before and after the nap! I just wanted off the plane...I was wearing compression panty hose under my maternity jeans (dr.'s orders), and knew there was no way I was going to the bathroom in-flight with them on! Needless to say it was a VERY LONG flight for me! I don't think I've ever been so antsy in all my life! It was miserable! I was extremely happy to finally make it to San Diego that evening!

Finally made it to Kristen's condo! Here's Garrett and Maw Maw visiting!

No comments: