Today we went to the doctor for Garrett's two month check up! I can't believe he's already two months! Time flies, huh? Anyway...Dr. Sales is still out on maternity leave, so we saw the foreign doctor again. The nurse did all of his measurements first, and then the doctor came in to check him. Garrett now weighs 10lbs 4oz, and is in the 25th percentile for his weight. He is 23 1/2 inches long, and in the 75th percentile for his height, and his head measured 15 1/2 inches, which is the fortieth percentile for head circumference.
When the doctor came in he looked at the measurements, and said that Garrett was the size of a 3 month old..length-wise! I told him yes, but that he still wasn't fill out any outfits! I asked about his weight, and he said that he was still in the normal curve even though he's only in the 25th percentile. I asked about his eating habits. How much should I be feeding him? Am I feeding him enough? Because sometimes he's just not ready to eat at 3 hours. He told me that, "He eat next time." (foreign..remember!) After he left the room, and the nurse came back in, I asked all my questions again..to make sure I understood what he said. She reassured me that he was getting enough to eat, and that he was fine. THEN, she pulled out the needles! Two of them...one for each thigh. She was good and fast but she still made BOTH of us cry! Garrett settled down right after a few minutes, and I was able to put him back in his car seat. He was asleep before we left the parking lot! She said not to give him the Tylenol unless he runs a fever. Today since it was his first round of shots, they wanted to see how he would react. She told me that if he did run fever to give him the Tylenol before coming in next time for his four month check-up. He seems to be doing just fine. Since he was sleeping, I took full advantage of it, and hit the mall! I finished what little shopping I had left, and he never made a peep...for 4 hours! I kept checking to make sure he was breathing! And he was...the shots just made him sleepy! I'll have to remember that for his four month check-up!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment