Thursday night we had Christmas Eve at our house with Michael's family. His parents have been in town for the week. They spent the first half of the week with Lesleigh's family, and now they've been visiting with us. We had fried fish & french fries for Christmas Eve dinner! It's beginning to be a habit...every time we get together with his family, we have to fry something! :) Anyway, despite the non-traditional Christmas food, it was delicious, and we all enjoyed it very much. (Did I just write about food?!? Gosh...I'm becoming more and more like Honey everyday!!!)
Here are a few pics from the night:
These are my two handsome guys! Daddy's wearing his "hot" shirt, and Garrett has on his cute moose outfit! Gotta love 'em!
Paw Paw and Maw Maw Mullins...We enjoyed spending time with them while they've been in town. Maw Maw has been a huge help holding and feeding and loving on Garrett. Paw Paw has gotten his time in holding Garrett also, but only when he's not fussy...When he gets fussy he passes him off to Maw Maw to calm down! :)
Thomas, Lesleigh, Christopher, and Garrett hanging out in Michael's chair.
Uncle Neil and Garrett. Garrett really seemed to like being propped up in the middle of Uncle Neil's chest. It was a great view...he could see everything & he LOVED it!Christmas morning, Michael and I opened our presents with his Mom and Dad. Okay...here's the story behind my Christmas present. First of all, let it be known that neither one of us is good at buying presents for each other. It's almost a joke now, because we usually end up taking most if not all of our presents back or exchanging them immediately following Christmas! So this year I asked for one big thing. I wanted DDR..for those of you who don't know what that is...Dance Dance Revolution (a PlayStation game). Well, they don't make the game for the old out-of date PS1 that we own. In fact, I got laughed at when I asked a clerk at Toys R Us if they had it for the PS1. He couldn't believe we had a PS1 that still worked! So in order for me to get this game, we needed a new PlayStation. Well, now they have a PS3..it's the most recent system out there, but I only needed a PS2 to play my DDR game. So that's what I asked for...a used PS2 and a used DDR game that could be easily purchased off e-bay. Well, Michael and I talked about it, and he's never owned the "most recent up-to-date system" out on the market, so he said if he was going to get a new system he wanted the newest one. I told him that wasn't necessary..all I wanted it for was for the DDR game that is so HUGELY popular he could even find that used!
So when I opened my present Christmas morning it was no surprise that he got the PS3! And then came the story from Michael beginning with: "See what had happened was..." He order the DDR game as well as the DDR mats off of e-bay, but since he did it too late they haven't arrived in the mail yet. AND they are for the the PS2, and may or may not work on our "new, up-to-date" PS3. We'd have to wait until it came in the mail to see if it was compatible. Upon further research, DDR does NOT have a current game made for the PS3 yet. There's not even a release date available..which means it may not even be in the making yet! Sooooooooo... I have a DDR game and mats that don't work with my brand new PS3! We did go buy a used race car game for the PS3 that I get to play until they release a DDR for the PS3! Merry Christmas to me! :)
So here I am with my new PS3 system & no DDR game...LOL!






1 comment:
That's hilarious! I wanted DDR a few years ago (about five), so I bought a PS1 (hard to find even then), the game, and two mats. I had a lot of fun with that game...I still own it, but I haven't played it in years. I'm hooked on Guitar Hero these days. The WiiFit is fun, too. I think that Wii has a DDR-type game these days...not sure.
Post a Comment