
Here's another picture of me being cute in my bouncy chair!
This is a picture of my side profile. Mommy is trying to prove that I have red hair, and that it's starting to look curly on the sides like daddy's hair. What do you think?
So...Saturday I decided to give up breastfeeding. I think it's best for both Garrett's and my sanity. So I went to Walmart and picked a formula..since that's all the advice I was given from my pediatrician. I chose the Parent's Choice Gentle formula since he's had a real sensitive stomach even with the breast milk. Saturday night I had a cherry coke & chili for supper since I was no longer breastfeeding...I went all out! :) We waited until Sunday to start him on the formula. He took the first bottle fine. No fussing, no throwing up, no problems. He even went back to sleep for the afternoon. THEN, for the next feeding, he didn't do so well. He threw up the formula twice, and the rest of the contents of his stomach on the third time. He looked so pitiful. I hated to see him like this. The picture below is after all that commotion, and he just didn't feel good at all. I called the pediatricians office again, and was told to continue giving him the formula. They said it might take two or three days for his system to get used to the new formula. This information was not good enough for me. My baby was throwing up, and they wanted me to keep giving him that! I don't think so! So after consulting several family members that had similar problems with formula, Mom made another trip to Walmart for some pedialyte and Soy Isomil formula. We gave him the pedialyte all night last night, and tried the new Soy Isomil with the pedialyte this morning. So far do good. Still waiting on a call to try and switch doctors. Will update when I know more...Keep us in your prayers!





No comments:
Post a Comment