Thursday, October 9, 2008

Weekly dr. visit...

So I went back to the doctor Tuesday this week. Again, my blood pressure was high, so she wanted to run all the tests again to rule out preeclampsia. Apparently, I have the high blood pressure, but no other symptoms of preeclampsia...headaches, vision disturbance, protein in urine, etc. So she is still keeping a close eye on my blood pressure. I had to purchase at blood pressure monitor at WalMart, and take my blood pressure twice daily. I have to go back Friday just for a blood pressure check, and then my next appt. is next Wednesday.

Dr. Sherman said that if it's just pregnancy-induced hypertension, then she'll wait it out. I'll probably have to go on bed-rest at some point, but I could wait until I went into labor naturally. However, if the tests come back, and she diagnoses me with preeclampsia, then she would go ahead and induce labor. She said she didn't want to do this, because he's not ready (he hasn't dropped yet at all), and it would be a very painful induction. Which I would like to avoid if at all possible!

I called Mom on the way home from the doctor, and she said she was diagnosed with pregnancy-induced hypertension with Holly, and had to be on bed-rest for the last two weeks. She said hers never turned into toxemia/preeclampsia, so hopefully that's all this is. Please keep us in your prayers. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: