Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Still on bed rest...and new meds...
I went back to see Dr. Sherman again today. My blood pressure is still high, but all other test results came back negative...so no preeclampsia. Only pregnancy-induced hypertension. She said that I am dilated to 3 centimeters now, and am progressing nicely. I did a non-stress test today for twenty minutes to check the baby's heart rate. Everything looked great! She did prescribe me some medicine to keep my blood pressure in check for now. She said sometimes it returns to normal immediately after birth, and sometimes it takes a few months to return to normal...so I have to take that medicine until it goes back down. The side effect of the medicine is that it makes me very sleepy, which I already am being on bed rest anyway. I just thought I had no energy before...so for the next few days I'll be getting lots of rest and sleep...until I go into labor. I go back to see her again Friday morning for a blood pressure check and another non-stress test. The plan remains the same...If I go into labor over the next few days...GREAT! If not, she will induce on Monday. October 20, 2008...it's a great birthday, don't ya think?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I am hoping this will make you happy. I have finally posted a comment, but that doesn't mean I don't read it all the time. Anyway, I am glad you can get rest while you can. Try to enjoy it!
Stace
Thanks for commenting Stace! :)
And I am geting lots of rest due to the blood presure medicine!
blood pressure medicine!
Post a Comment