Our Internet service has been kinda spotty since the storms, so sometimes I can get on and update, and other times it's not working. Today is a good day...so here goes...
Wednesday morning I went back to the doctor. My blood pressure was a little high again, so she ordered all the tests to rule out preeclampsia again. The exam was not nearly as bad this time, and she said I was probably dilated to about one centimeter! Yea! Progress! :) Other than that, she said everything still looked good, and that I was still on track for the October 26th due date!
Tuesday night I had my breastfeeding class. Again, most of what the lady taught us I had already read in all my baby books, but there were a few things that I learned. For one, the fact that your milk is constantly changing to benefit baby's nutritional needs. I probably should have known that, but I didn't. Our bodies are designed to know if and when your baby is early or not, and what type of nutrition it needs for that time period. How cool is that? We serve an awesome and mighty God that he specifically designed women for this purpose! Sitting through both the childbirth class and then the breastfeeding class...I had to marvel at God's ingenious design! How can anyone argue that there isn't a God, when he created us to specifically reproduce new life. Each and every organ inside our body is placed in the exact spot to serve a purpose, and it is perfectly in line to birth a child. I feel like I'm rambling on and on, and not really making any sense. Even though the "material" from the classes was not new, I have been blown away by God's awesomeness these last few weeks! Again, it's not like I never knew about creation and God's perfect design of us before, but now, being pregnant, and getting ready to give birth, He's shown Himself in a whole new light to me! It's a new and wonderful revelation that leaves me pretty much speechless! (I'm doing my best to describe it, but I know I'm not even close to exactly how I'm feeling!)
Although I'm still a little nervous about not knowing when this blessed event will take place, I am confident that it will be a learning experience for both Michael and I. I am excited to see what God has in store for us in the weeks and months to come!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment