So I have to admit...I tried to increase my milk supply, but it just wasn't working. I want to continue breastfeeding, but right now with Garrett being so young, I don't have the time to pump all day long. I started supplementing formula after each feeding soon after seeing the doctor. My lactation consultant seems to think that when Abbie Grace got RSV she wasn't eating well, and my milk supply decreased, and never picked back up. :( So she's been eating formula for almost the entire two weeks.
Back to the Dr. for the weight check. Guess what? Surprise, surprise...she gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks! She went from 8 lbs. 12 oz. to 10 lbs. 7 oz.! She is on soy just like Garrett. I have no complaints. She made it 2 months, and that was a month longer than he made it! Soy is stinky, but I'll take it any day over having to pay for the Nutramigen he had to take for the first six months! So...yay Abbie Grace! She still has the snotty sniffles, but it's just in her head, and not her chest = allergies like Garrett & Mommy. :( Got some allergy medicine to take daily...hopefully it will help her get rid of the snotty sniffles.
Brought Garrett back today too. I wanted her to check his ears. She said he had some fluid two weeks ago, but it was probably due to teething/cold, and it wasn't enough to warrant medicine. I wanted her to check to see if they cleared up. NOPE! He's got an ear infection in the right ear, AND a sinus infection! No wonder the poor baby's been so fussy! So he got an antibiotic to clear up the infections. Still continuing to take his daily allergy medicines.
Hopefully when we get out of this cold one day...hot the next...weather, both of my kids will get better! Having fall babies = having sick babies through the winter! :(
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment