Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Check ups...

Okay...so today we went to the pediatrician for our check ups...Garrett's 15 month, and Abbie Grace's 2 month. Well, apparently I have long skinny babies! Both of them are no longer on the growth chart for weight. Garrett seems to have plateaued, and is no longer following the growth curve, and Abbie Grace went from 30%tile to 3%tile for weight! She only gained 12 oz. in 2 months! Soooooooooooo...Dr. Sales suggested that I might want to try supplementing formula along with the breastfeeding. She said I could continue breastfeeding for the next 2 weeks, and try to increase her intake...ie...waking her up every three hours (including at night) to feed her. Well, since she just started sleeping through the night, I was not crazy about that suggestion! She wants me to bring her back in two weeks for a weight check. If she's gained weight fine; if not, I will have to supplement. Seems I may be starving her! I plan on talking to my lactation consultant to see how to increase my milk supply, and try to continue breastfeeding, but we will see how it goes.

As for Garrett, I'm not concerned about his weight! Although I really thought he was WAY MORE than only 21 pounds!!!! The boys eats everything he can get his hands on...there's not much we've found that he doesn't like! He is teething again. Dr. Sales confirmed that ALL FOUR of his molars are coming in! Teething = lots of loose poop for him, so maybe he's pooping out everything?!? I don't know, but I assure you he's eating A LOT!!!!

I honestly think I just have tall skinny kids. Mom says both Holly and I were tiny but very long every time we went to the doctor, and we turned out fine! Back then they didn't have growth charts to tell you your kids weren't "normal!"

Oh well...not crazy about getting up every three hours again to feed her, so we'll see how that goes!

No comments: