I had another doctor appointment this morning. The last one before the scheduled induction Tuesday. I've been going every Monday for my Dr. appointments, but Dr. Sherman was going to be out of town Monday, so they scheduled me for today at 9:30am. Monday was quite a fiasco bringing Garrett with me, so I didn't want to repeat that again today. Michael COULD'VE watched him for me, because he had taken the day off to go hunting! But since we were supposed to go to Thomas' bowling birthday party tonight, he wasn't going to get to go on an evening hunt. So...Lesleigh and the boys came over bright and early this morning to keep Garrett while I went to the doctor, and Michael went hunting!
Well, when I got called to the back, and they checked my blood pressure...it was high! I went in the room to wait to see Dr.Sherman. She checked me, and said I was already at 3 1/2 to 4 centimeters, and she was concerned about my blood pressure. She said they would check it again, and if it was still high, she was going to go ahead and admit me to the hospital TODAY!! Lo and behold, when they checked it again, it was even higher! Dr. Sherman waited about 15-20 minutes, and checked it herself. It had gone down some, but was still high. High enough for her to be concerned. (I forgot to mention that I had been texting Michael back and forth all morning waiting to see Dr. Sherman. He told me that he shot a deer at 7amish, and he was still tracking it...meaning he had yet to find the thing! When Dr. Sherman said I might have to go to the hospital, I texted him, but he didn't believe me! He texted back, it was no big deal, and that she was going to send me home, and everything was going to be all systems go for Tuesday morning's induction! But I had been telling him she wasn't going to make it to Tuesday...but NOBODY believed me!)
Okay...back to the story! So my bp was high, and that's when Dr. Sherman dropped the bomb! She was sending me to the hospital, but she wasn't coming with me! By this time it was around 11am, and the office closed at noon. Dr. Sherman was leaving town to go run a marathon in San Antonio! Dr. Victores was on call for the weekend,and he could deliver me!!! I was fine until I got this news! Calm, cool, collected, but then I started panicking! No Dr. Sherman!?! Agh!
So now I started trying to call Michael, and let him know what was going on. Of course, I couldn't get him! He had since found the deer, made it home, and had the deer hung up & ready to be cleaned when I finally got Lesleigh on the phone! (I told her to call her mom & dad in TN, and tell them to get on the road...that Abbie Grace was coming today!) When I told him they were taking me to the hospital, he asked if he had time to clean the deer!!! Dr. Sherman said it would be a few hours before I actually delivered, so he proceeded to clean the deer, as I was wheeled in a wheelchair over to the hospital, and admitted to have our second baby! (without Dr. Sherman!)
After filling out all the paperwork, and getting my IV and everything started, ironically my blood pressure went down. I guess Abbie Grace just wanted to get things jump started to make her first appearance on Friday the 13th!
So for the next few hours, I was by myself until he finished cleaning the deer, cleaning all that up, taking a shower, and then finally packing himself up! I had packed earlier this week, knowing that this would happen, so my bag was packed..he just needed to bring it to the hospital! It's a good thing Lesleigh came over to watch Garrett, because now she was stuck with him for the day! LOL When I called to tell Mom and Holly, they didn't believe me either, but then they hurried up, packed, and got on the road headed to Beaumont!
Now, I had lots of offers for friends to come sit with me or bring me anything I needed while waiting for Michael, but I turned them all down thinking surely he wouldn't be too long! Mom and Holly kept texting and calling all the way here asking if Michael was here yet...they thought they were going to beat him here! Well Michael beat them by about 30 minutes! They had already broken my water by the time he finally made it to the hospital!
After all that...Abigail Grace Mullins arrived at 7:17 pm weighing 7lbs. 4oz. and was 20in. long! Needless to say we didn't make it to Thomas' bowling party, but Garrett was there representing all of us! The Amedees came by the hospital after bowling to see Abbie Grace. Mrs. Janice and Mr. Phil were still on the road, and wouldn't make it in until sometime around 3-4am Saturday morning. My dad had to work this weekend, so he wasn't able to come it for the birth either! Mom, Holly, Ryan, and Michael were the only ones there for the actual birth this time! It really is true...the second child plays second fiddle to the first one right outta the womb! LOL





No comments:
Post a Comment