Saturday, September 5, 2009

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Game Day!


We woke up this morning and headed to the Pike Place Market. We hung around until someone purchased a fish, so that we could see them throw it! One of the guys selling the fish kept putting live crawfish on people and freaking them out! Those people up there didn't know what crawfish were & were scared of them. He put it on me, but I didn't freak out like everyone else...the stupid thing DID start pinching me, though!
You would've thought that LSU fans took over the market! We were well represented! I just couldn't believe the number of LSU fans that made the trip to Seattle! Just walking down the street, people were yelling out, "Go Tigers!" I even heard a few "Tiger Baits!" when passing someone in a Husky T-shirt.



While in the market you can purchase beautiful bouquets of fresh flowers from many different vendors. The flowers are super cheap! They have plenty of $5, $10, and $15 bouquets! If I lived there in Seattle, I'd have fresh flowers all over my house! Below is a $5 bouquet!!!

After walking through the market we were just in time to catch the harbour cruise. Again, well over 50% of the people on the cruise were LSU fans! We had a blast! The tour was very informative...of course, here's a picture of the famous Space Needle from the harbour.

Okay..so to get down to the market, and then the harbour, we had to walk several blocks all DOWN HILL! Some of the blocks were VERY STEEP, and I, personally, did NOT want to walk back up them, and neither did Brandie! So...we convinced Michael and Timmy to let us take a cab back up to the Space Needle, even though it was only a few blocks! It was well worth the $8 cab fee just so I didn't have to walk it!!! The line to go up in the Space Needle was really long...(lots of LSU fans again), and Timmy didn't want to stand in line just to go up and come back down. Not to mention, Brandie's fear of heights...needless to say, we saw the Space Needle, but did not go up in it! Thankfully, Michael and I had gone up in it when we came for our honeymoon, otherwise, I would've been disappointed that we didn't do the Needle! There was a local music festival going on that weekend all around the Needle. We didn't go into the festival area, but we did walk all around it. One of the attractions we saw was "the world's largest Lite Bright!" Asics representatives were there to take your picture with "the world's largest Lite Bright." BUT, Brandie and I are rule-breakers...we took our own pictures, AND touched it, even though they had signs posted on it, "DO NOT TOUCH!" whoops! :)

Here's a picture of me & my "hot" husband! This was in front of the Space Needle.


After we walked around the music festival area and Needle, we walked back to the hotel to get the car, and headed to the Washington campus to tailgate. Michael and Timmy dropped Brandie and I off at the stadium, while they went to park the car. Brandie and I went in their campus gift shop, and found this game day t-shirt...I thought it was cute!


While walking around campus we kept seeing t-shirts that said, "I bark for Sark!" Well, we just assumed that the Husky mascot was named Sark! Finally closer to game time while walking through the Washington tailgaters, we stopped to ask about it. They told us Sark was the new coach Steve Sarkisian...DUH! Then it made sense! :)

We came across the LSU big rig truck while walking around the campus. We made Timmy & Michael pose in front of it!

Kickoff was at 7:30, so they let us in the stadium around 5:30. Sometime between 5:30 & kickoff, it rained! Not long, but enough to get everything wet. Right before kickoff (once the stand were filling up) I noticed the rainbow!

Although the game was much closer than we would've liked it to be, it was still fun! We had a blast! And it didn't start raining again until we were back in the car trying to leave campus...it a down poured!!! But, thankfully it held off until after the game! Here's a picture of the team, Coach Miles, and the cheerleaders singing the Alma Mater.

No comments: