Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Planning a birthday party!

Now that vacations are over...I have to get on the ball, and get everything together for Garrett's 1st birthday party! I actually ordered the invitations and some themed items the week we were home between vacations. I'm sure my neighbor was thrilled to receive all my packages while we were gone! :) I'm going with the Mod Monkey theme from 1stwishes.com. Its' really cute!

Today I went to Party City to get matching utensils and plates to go with the theme. This party is getting expensive! Who said at-home parties are cheaper than renting out a place??? This is racking up! In the back of my mind I'm thinking...I'm going to have to do this again next year TWICE!!! AGH!!!

It's also been in the back of my mind that every year we will have a birthday party in October, one in November, and then CHRISTMAS in December! I should have planned better than that! :) Michael would like me to mention the fact that this is HUNTING season every year too! Oh well...we will just have 3 fully packed months back-to-back-to-back!

I'm thinking I might be able to pull off a double party for a few years...not next year, though. She'll have to have her own 1st birthday, but after next year...I think I could combine them for at least a few years before we start having Spiderman and Princess parties...any thoughts on this? What do you think?

No comments: