Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday

Today we went to Butchart Gardens in the morning, on the agenda for the afternoon...the guys went to play golf, while Brandie and I got to go to the spa!



Timmy and I enjoyed Butchart Gardens. Michael said it was nice, but just a bunch of flowers, and Brandie, well, she just wasn't impressed at all!





This is Brandie "impressed" with the Gardens! LOL


I thought they were very pretty. It was divided up into about 5 or 6 different gardens...rose garden, Japanese garden, English garden, Italian garden, etc. It was definitely something to see. I'm glad we went to see them. I don't know if I would go again, now that I saw it...it was after all, a bunch of flowers, so now I can say that I've been to Butchart Gardens! :) However, if you ever go to Victoria, I do recommend going to see the gardens! They are worth the trip!








Here's Michael "stopping to smell the roses!"


Had to get a picture of the Yellow Rose of Texas!


I think Timmy enjoyed the gardens the most...it must have been the "artist" in him! He took a picture of just about EVERY flower in the place! We had to wait on Timmy all morning because he was trying to capture some great shot of some random flower! :)


Another picture of Michael enjoying the gardens! LOL


Michael and Timmy forgot to take a camera with them to play golf, so all I have are these postcard pictures from the AWESOME golf course they played! The resort that we stayed at had two courses..mountain and valley. They wanted to play the valley course, but there were no tee times left for it today, so they played the mountain course.


I'm pretty sure this is on the valley course that they didn't get to play. The following two pictures are from the mountain course. I wish they would've taken the cameras with them! They said there were deer just sitting out on the greens! Tons of them! Now after the whale incident I didn't want to believe them; however, driving up and down the mountain to and from the resort we did see A LOT of deer, so I think they may have been telling the truth on this one, BUT we don't have any proof! LOL :)




Brandie and I had appointments for a spa pedicure at 3:45, and they said we could use the mineral pool, steam room, and sauna too! Well, being pregnant I could only do the mineral pool, so we did that before our pedicures. We didn't bring the cameras either, because we thought the hoity-toity spa people might think we were small town hillbillies taking pictures in the big city! :) So we don't have any pictures either! But, the mineral pool was nice! It over-looked part of the mountain golf course, and had a great view! We only had about 30 minutes to enjoy it before it was time for our pedicures. They were fun too! The girl that did my toes was very chatty and a bit air-headish, but Brandie's girl was nice! Oh, and my massage chair was broken!!! The best part about getting your toes done..is getting to sit in the massage chair for an hour or so, but NOT me! Brandie got to enjoy hers, though. I thought when my girl realized that it was broken, she'd offer to let me change chairs, being that there was another one available on the other side of Brandie that no one was using, but NOPE! She just said, "oh, I'm so sorry. You probably needed the massage too since you're pregnant and all!" DUH!!! Thanks, Lady! After much deliberation, Brandie chose a lovely shade of ELECTRIC BLUE for her toes, and I chose a nice pretty coral! :)

No comments: