Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Michael and I celebrated 6 years together Sunday! No big celebration that day, but we were able to go to dinner and a movie last weekend while Mom was in town. My time flies, doesn't it? It seems like just yesterday we got engaged and couldn't wait for the big day! Now it's been six years since then!

We have truly been blessed as a couple. I was able to finish up my Masters degree in the first year and a half of our marriage, and was able to do so with just a part-time "fun" job, while Michael supported us. I graduated in the Fall of 2004, and then God provided a great opportunity for Michael to be hired on at Exxon in January of '05. Our families weren't happy about us moving, but were supportive anyway! :) God provided me a job doing exactly what I wanted to do a few short months later in April! Although we had a few bumps in the road since then, God remained faithful in His promise, and last year we brought home Garrett Michael in October! So far, 2009 has been a wonderful year of firsts for all three of us! Finding out we we're expecting again SO SOON, was a big shock, but also a blessing! God just wanted to show us how big He really is, and what He's able to accomplish in such a short amount of time! (at least that's the way I'm choosing to see it!) Garrett will turn one in a couple of short months, and then we will bring home our precious baby girl AG shortly after!

With 2009 being as great as it's been, I can only imagine what God has in store for us in these next few years! Happy Anniversary, Michael! I love you!

No comments: