Sunday, June 21, 2009

Michael's Father's Day & Garrett's Dedication

Sunday was a very busy day! I was so focused on the Dedication that I actually forgot that it was Father's Day too! Dad went to Walmart to pick up the cakes for me, and the bakery lady was the first to tell him Happy Father's Day! Whoops! :) He brought the cakes home & I checked both of them to make sure that they were what I ordered, and it never crossed my mind...even with one cake saying Happy Father's Day! Anyway, Garrett and I were able to give Michael his gift just before we ran out the door for church. I didn't get a good picture of Michael posing with his gift, but rather him showing/thanking Garrett for it! Isn't it sooo cute?!? Painting Garrett's toes and getting good prints was no easy "feet!" (You all know what a perfectionist I am!) Anyway, I was very pleased at the way it turned out! I think Michael liked it...He took it to work Monday morning to show it off. I made it for his office, anyway.


Happy Father's Day Daddy!

Here's the only family picture we got that day. This was walking right off the platform after the dedication ceremony. Not a great pic, but the only one we got! I should have had pictures taken before church while everyone was all dressed up, and we could have gotten a good group shot...but I didn't think of that until later that day.


Here's a picture from the actual dedication ceremony. Sister Gwen was giving me my charge to lovingly raise Garrett in a Christian home, to which I accepted, of course! After that, Pastor Woods charged Michael to be the head of the household and also raise Garrett in a loving Christian home, to which he, of course, accepted. I really like the dedication ceremony that our church does...it's really beautiful. I need to get a copy of it.

Dedication rose that was given to remember the day.


The dedication cake...you all know I'm not a pastel girl, so I went with the brighter colors...they were supposed to be turquoise and lime green like his room, but I got primary colors. It's okay...it was a very yummy white cake!



Here's the chocolate cake..it was delicious too! Did I mention we had homemade ice cream to go with this?!?

Michael cooked up a big pot of jambalaya for all our family and friends after church. Every time he makes a pot of jambalaya, it tastes better than the last! This was only his third time to make it, and it was AWESOME! VERY GOOOOOOOOOD!


Paw Paw, Justin, Aunt Lesleigh & Garrett justa swingin'!


Christopher, Thomas, Maw Maw, and Mimi inside enjoying the AC!


Maw Maw and Garrett


Garrett hanging on for dear life! Look at that face?!!!


Blowing raspberries...his new trick he learned this weekend. He started doing that Friday morning. And, Yes, he did start doing this up on the platform during the dedication ceremony...not very long, but long enough to get us all giggling! He also started doing this while in church, and I had to end up taking him out of the service...he got so loud!

The Mullins Men...three generations.


Father's Day picture

Paw Paw & Maw Maw with Garrett before they left.


Paw Paw & Mimi with Garrett before they left.
It was a great day! Only a few people were missing that would've made it even better. Aunt Holly, Uncle Michael, Anna, and Ryan weren't able to make the trip to Texas due to it being the Father's Day weekend. Aunt Kristen had to get to California to start work Monday morning, so she wasn't able to be with us. We also missed the great-grandmas...Ms. Jackie and Ms. Diane. (They said they wanted to come on a weekend that they could have Garrett all to themselves!) Aunt Stacey was supposed to come, but then she got tickets to the CWS, and was headed to Omaha...I don't blame her! I was jealous! :) And finally, Ms. Diane Perkins wasn't at church Sunday to be there for the dedication. She was a big part in praying for Garrett's arrival, and we would have loved for her to share in his dedication back to the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would never pick the games over my little man. Had I not had to do Father's Day that weekend I would have been there game or not. He is so cute I can't wait to see you guys again soon!