Garrett started running a fever Thursday evening. I could tell he didn't feel good, so I gave him some Tylenol and tried putting him down for bed. Well he just screamed! He was burning up, and his temperature had gotten higher since the last time I checked an hour before! I rocked him to sleep, and was able to put him in his bed. I slept in his room with him, and gave him Tylenol throughout the night. It was a LONG night. The Tylenol never broke the fever, so I called the on-call nurse around 6am Friday morning. When they finally called me back and I told her what was going on, she told me that since my pediatrician wasn't going to be in that morning, to go ahead and take him to the ER or minor care to get him checked out. At this point his temp was around 103. I called Michael & he met me at the minor care facility in Beaumont. (I didn't want to chance the ER with the swine flu, and all!) Although we were third in line that morning we still spent about 2 hours there. Finally after being tested for strep and flu, he was diagnosed with a left ear infection. We got a prescription for an antibiotic, and were sent on our way. Garrett was still very lethargic the rest of the day, and he still ran a fever. The doctor said that was normal. He said to expect him to feel better at least 24 hours later. I felt so bad for him. Every time we went to move him...change his diaper...anything mobile...he screamed like he ached all over! It really was pitiful! :( But just like the Dr. said, he was much better Saturday mid-morning/early afternoon. He's just now getting his full appetite back! Hopefully that doesn't happen again, but at least now I know that he spikes a REALLY HIGH FEVER when he gets an ear infection!
Here's a sad little picture of my sick baby boy... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment