Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Morning Baltimore!!!

WOW! I saw Hairspray the musical last night in Beaumont, and it was FANTASTIC!!!! Michael got me tickets as part of my birthday present! I know what you're thinking....Michael went to a musical?!? And you would be wrong! I got two tickets, and my friend Becka went with me! We had a fabulous time! The entire production was AWESOME! It was a bittersweet evening for me...The musical really made me miss Honey. She would have LOVED it! Don't get me wrong...she would have complained that the music was too loud, and she would have leaned over every 5 minutes and asked, "What'd they say?" but she would have loved every minute of it!

I know it's been a while since I updated...so let me catch you up!

Michael's parents came in town for a quick impromptu visit February 18th-24th. They had some plumbing problems at the camp that they needed to fix. We had plans to be in BR that weekend already so they came to Texas first to visit. They stayed with us Thursday and Friday night, and then went to stay with Neil and Lesleigh and the boys for the rest of the weekend. They headed to BR Monday morning to fix the camp. We left Saturday afternoon for my parent's house. I forgot to mention that Saturday was my birthday...it was no big deal, except it just so happened to coincide with Michael's week-long training in BR for Exxonmobil. Garrett and I got to visit for the week, and he went to class!

Before we left town...Garrett turned 4 months old, and had his four month well check-up Friday morning. Everything went well...he got more shots, and I did much better this time. Dr. Sales gave us the okay to start cereal and solids! Yea! I waited until Monday to start on the cereal. Dr. Sales said that Beech Nut brand rice cereal would be better for Garrett...it's very fine and less gassy. She told me where to find it in Texas, but we had to go on a hunt to find it in BR. Finally found it at Winn Dixie Sunday night...hence we started it Monday.

Garrett got to meet a LOT of new people Sunday...all our church friends from Covenant who hadn't seen him yet. Everyone thought he was so cute! I agree, but, of course, I'm bias!!!

Monday Holly, Anna, Garrett, and I went shopping! Both Anna and Garrett missed their naps, which made the afternoon and evening miserable! Holly wanted me to help her finish Ryan's nursery. We bought several different fabrics that matched his bedding to cover the back of an entertainment center that she's using as book shelves/storage in the room. Between Monday night and Tuesday morning we knocked that project out the way!

Monday night we celebrated my birthday with dinner, cake and ice cream, and presents! Garrett and I had lots of time all week to visit with Holly and Anna! Anna loves her cousin "Baby Ged-it," however, she does NOT like sharing HER Mimi and Paw Paw!

Tuesday night we had dinner with Mr. JC and Mrs. Sandra, Keith and Tina, Timmy, Brandie and their girls, and Michael's parents (before they headed back to Tennessee the next morning). It was good to spend some extra time with our friends other than right before or after church.

Wednesday Holly and I worked on the second nursery project...his name letters to hang above the crib. Holly bought the letters online, and I had to paint them to match the bedding. Instead of just hanging the letter themselves, we decided to glue them to canvases and then hang them. I was going to paint the canvases also, but we ended up using extra left-over fabric to cover the canvases and then glued the letters on top! They turned out really cute!

Thursday Holly and I hung the canvases and finished decorating the nursery. She had bought some wall decals that matched the bedding, and we put them bordering the closet and the diaper stacker on a separate wall. Ryan's nursery came out really cute! I'm sure he's gonna love it when he arrives in a few weeks!
Thursday night we had dinner with Ms. Jackie, Ms. Diane, Mr. Larry and Mrs. Lynda Dunn. Garrett was really spoiled that night! We enjoyed the taco salads and the visit.

Friday my BFF Stacey had a birthday surprise for me. She took Mom and I to lunch at the Capital City Grill, which was good by the way. And then we went to get massages! That was my birthday surprise...a one hour massage! It was wonderful!!! I have the BESTEST BFF in the whole wide world!!!
Friday night was date night with Michael! We went to The Melting Pot, and had a nice evening out by ourselves. Mom and Dad kept Garrett for us, so that we could celebrate my birthday. After dinner, (which went a lot faster this time since we figured out the process since last time) we went to Celebration Station for some putt putt. Much to both of our surprise I kicked butt! I mean, I was AWESOME, and I wasn't even trying! That was the funny part...I ended up beating Michael, which killed him! LOL! Everything he did was wrong. I beat him on almost every hole by at least one stroke! So... of course, we had to play again! Good thing he beat me the second game, or else my birthday evening would've ended real bad! :)

Saturday we order Tony's Seafood for lunch. We got shrimp, crawfish, and catfish...and they were GOOD!!! I can't wait until the price of crawfish comes down so we can have a crawfish boil! Yummmmmmy! Michael, Holly, and Anna came over too. Anna and Garrett played in a box..more on that later. (pictures to come) Saturday night we ate supper with all the Pampells. Garrett tried out the twins' jumperoo...he wasn't too impressed, but I think he's still a little young. Hopefully he'll enjoy it when he gets a little bit bigger & has more trunk stability. Again...we enjoyed visiting with our friends and the dinner was great!

Sunday was church, and then left-over Tony's for lunch. Aunt Shoosty and Uncle Bobby came over for a quick visit before we got on the road to head back to Texas.

It was a great visit, but I was sad to leave. Michael is about to start working weekends again to get another part of the plant up and running from Hurricane Ike. He thinks he'll be working until June...ugh! Back to being a single parent! I sure hope the Farmers' Almanac is wrong in it's Hurricane predictions for 2009! Supposedly Beaumont has a Cat 5 coming to us this year...if that's the case...we are taking the first job out of Beaumont!!! Neither one of us want to go through this start-up business all over again. Say a pray for us! :)

That's all for now...Will post pictures of the week tomorrow!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, very detailed account

Erica said...

That's cool about Hairspray. My friend is playing the part of Link in the traveling production, so there's a good chance that you saw him perform:)
I missed him when he came this way:(
Happy late birthday! Eric and I enjoy the Melting Pot, too...yummy!