Thursday, December 4, 2008

A weeks worth of news...

Well, we've been on the Nutramigen formula for week now, and it seems to be working. Garrett still spits up every now and then, but not all the time. Now he's just fussy because he's so tired! He fights sleep in the worst way! PLUS..he's getting much stronger...he can throw his head back and fuss like nobody's business. Since we started the new formula last Wednesday he didn't have a very good Thanksgiving or Black Friday. He was pretty much miserable, and made everyone around him miserable. His system finally got used to the new stuff on Saturday, and he was a much more content baby. I wouldn't go as far as to say happy...he's a very serious baby. His smiles are few and far between...even if I stand on my head to try to get him to smile! :) He usually smiles on the changing table when I'm in the middle of changing a diaper. It's kinda hard to grab the camera when you're trying to hurry and clean him up and put a new diaper on him before you get peed on!
Other than all the fussing, Garret and I had a nice Thanksgiving in Baton Rouge. On Friday, we went over to my Uncle Bobby and Aunt Shoosty's to watch the LSU/Arkansas game. The game was terrible, but visiting with family was fun. Garrett got to meet most of my Dad's side of the family there, and he'll meet the rest at Christmas. I took some pictures of all the kids playing that day, but they are on my video camera, and I still need to figure out how to get them off. I took some video footage too that day...still need to figure out that! I'll trying to get some of those up ASAP!
While in BR we figured out that Garret liked Dad's sound machine. He would fall asleep pretty quickly in his bouncer while listening to the "rain." Mom ran out and bought him one Saturday, so that we could bring it back with us. Here's a picture that I was able to get while Mom stood on her head for Garrett. He actually smiled, and I had my camera aimed and ready! I've seen one dimple when he smiles, but Mom claims that he has two. I've been trying to capture them ever since, but to no avail.
Garrett got to meet his Uncle Michael and cousin Anna for the first time last week. Anna didn't know what to make of him at first. Holly has been telling her about Baby Garrett, and trying to get her to say his name. All she would do is just smile. When she finally got to see who Baby Garrett was she started calling him Baby. By the time we left Sunday she had "Baby Get dit" down!
Here's "Baby Get dit" with Uncle Michael. Anna really didn't like her Daddy holding him. I'm not sure what's going to happen in a few months when her new brother arrives...We will have to wait and see THAT drama unfold....
Saturday Holly and I got together to try and take some Christmas pictures with Anna and Garrett. Anna did NOT want to sit and take a picture. We had to be fast! Between the two of us we got a few really cute shots! Here's one of Anna showing "Baby Get dit" her ornament. By the way, since putting up their tree, they've told Anna not to touch the ornaments and or tree. We were so desperate to get some pictures that we let her play with one of the "pretty" ornaments off the tree...now she thinks she can touch and play with ALL of them! :)

Garrett also got to meet some of Mom's side of the family. Here's a picture of Garrett with Uncle Pat and Uncle Jimmie.
This is Evie (She's named after Honey...Eva). She and Garrett never really met, because when one was awake, the other was asleep. This is my cousin Maggie's little girl...She's about two weeks older than Garrett. Isn't she a cutie patootie?!?
So I planned on staying until Monday to avoid the holiday traffic Sunday evening, but I forgot about my 6 week check-up Monday morning. Because of it, I decided to head back Sunday night along with everyone else and their Mama! I left BR at 4:15pm and made it back home at 9:30pm. I did have to stop at 7:30 to feed him, because I knew he wasn't going to make it much longer, and I couldn't take another hour and a half of crying. He did good, though. He ate, did his three burps in between, I changed him, and we were back on the road by 8:00pm.
Aunt Stacey took a week of vacation to come "play" with us. She was about an hour behind us at first, but after stopping to feed him, she ended up being about twenty minutes behind us coming back Sunday night. First of all, she promised to come help me put my Christmas decorations up, and then, after that was done...we played! (Christmas went up Monday.) I'll post my Christmas decorations later. I needed Stacey's help to get some more good pictures for his announcements and our Christmas card. So we tried every day doing photo shoots, and Garrett just wasn't into it. We were able to get a few cute pictures, but none that he was smiling in.
This is us trying to get cute pictures, and Garrett not wanting any part of it! Nice, huh??
Stacey was GREAT! She slept in Garrett's room with him every night, and let me have uninterrupted sleep for four days! Thank-you, Stace! AND to top that off, two of those nights Garrett slept ALL NIGHT! Praise the Lord! Hope he can keep up the pattern!
Wednesday, Stacey and I took him to the mall for his Santa photo. It came out really cute! (If I don't end up using it for our Christmas cards, I'll post it.) The Santa was very good with him. After taking the official photo, Santa was holding him and talking to him. Garrett was being so good...he just looked at him and all around. It was absolutely precious! I wish they would've let me take a picture of him just looking up at Santa, but of course, they wouldn't. By the way, while at the mall I got fussed at by an old lady. We were in the bathroom changing his diaper, and this little old lady came in and said how cute he was. She said that he was so small, and asked how old he was. When I said six weeks, she made a face, and went off on a soapbox about "in her day, it was unheard of to take babies out that young!" Well, I didn't know what to say, but Stacey didn't miss a beat. She smiled, and said, "Thank you for your opinion!" A stall opened up, and the lady went in without another word! :) Gotta love Aunt Stacey!
I finally caught him staring at his bears on the swing mobile. He's very fascinated by them. However, they don't keep his attention long enough. After about 10 minutes he starts to fuss. If you don't put him in the swing already asleep, you can hang it up...it won't happen!
Here's a picture of his pouty face just before he lets out a wail. I took this today while trying to catch him smiling with the dimples. As you can see he's on the changing table, and he's ready to be changed...NOT have his picture taken!
This is after being changed. I want a smile...I get raspberries & the tongue!

Here's a cute smile I caught today...no dimples, but still very cute!
Aunt Stacey went home today. :( Of course, he's been a fussy little toot all day. He didn't sleep much at all..he fought it all day, so I'm hoping he sleeps through the night for me tonight! Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss that little booger so much even when he does fuss. He can come and stay a week with me anytime and we both know if I had more vacation I would be there. Haveing good times with my BFF and "Uncle Harvey".