Well, this past Sunday, December 7th, was Garrett's first day to go to church. I had everything planned out the night before. He got his bath, and I had his clothes laid out for in the morning. He even woke up, and was ready to eat at about the right time so that he would make it through the service. Everything Sunday morning went smooth & perfectly. I was even on time for a change! Imagine that?!? :)
Sunday night was a different story. Sunday night was the Church Christmas banquet and children's program. I had to cook and bring something for the dinner, plus get me and him ready to go back to church for 6pm. I had bought everything the day before, so I just had to cook it. It was a simple recipe, but I'd never made it in bulk for a big crowd before. It turned out fine, but I think I used just about every baking dish & pot in my house! Changing dishes and pots threw my whole schedule off...I was still able to get us both ready, the food cooked and loaded, and made it to church for 5:50pm. HOWEVER, I left the house in such a disaster I had to call and warn Michael before he came home to the mess!
My how things have changed! I can't just pick up and go anymore...there is lots of planning ahead now...even just to make a trip down the street to Walmart! :)
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment